To apply for a grant, please first check the Frequently Asked Questions below. Then, download and read the Grant Application Guidelines that apply to you or your organisation. We provide grants to individuals, organisations and medical electives. If you’re happy you meet the requirements, please Apply Online from this page.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Hospital Saturday Fund will consider giving grants to registered medical health charities within the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland.
The Hospital Saturday Fund will also consider giving grants to individuals within the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland.
For medically related charities, hospitals, hospices and medical clinics:
The Hospital Saturday Fund will consider giving grants towards medical capital projects, medical care or research and in support of medical training. The Hospital Saturday Fund will also consider grants for running costs.
The Hospital Saturday Fund will consider giving partial or full grants to individuals for the following:
- Specialised mobility equipment, wheelchairs, mobility scooters, car adaptions, medical appliances and aids, hearing aids, nebulisers, specialised vision aids, specialised computer equipment, therapeutic equipment/treatment, orthopaedic beds, mattresses or pillows, riser /recliners chairs, lift hoist/aids.
- Physiotherapy, Hydrotherapy, Acupuncture, Speech Therapy, Osteopathy, Chiropractic treatment, Reflexology, Massage Therapy and Aromatherapy.
- Home adaptations, walk in showers, accessibility adaptations to bathrooms, access ramps, non-slip flooring, stair lifts.
What is Not Funded?
Applications from organisations:
The Hospital Saturday Fund does not give grants to:
- Charitable projects outside the UK, Isle of Man, Channel Islands and Republic of Ireland.
- Organisations that are not registered with one of: The Charity Commission for England and Wales, HM Revenue & Customs, The Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator, The Charity Commission for Northern Ireland, The Isle of Man General Registry, the appropriate regulatory body in the Channel Islands or the Revenue Commissioners in Ireland.
- Organisations carrying out non-medically related activities.
Applications from individuals:
The Hospital Saturday Fund does not give grants to individuals for the following:
- Treatment outside the UK and Ireland.
- Financial assistance.
- Transport costs to hospitals/clinics.
- In-home care or care home costs.
- Private hospital admission or treatment.
- Experimental drugs/medication (those not recommended by N.I.C.E).
- Purchase of a car.
- Building works to either inside or outside of the home, painting, decorating, any gardening works.
- New furniture or replacing existing furnishings.
- Installation or maintenance of any heating system.
- New or replacement carpets, electrical household goods (e.g. washing machines, bed linen, dishwashers, tumble dryers, ovens, microwaves, fridges etc).
- Holidays/trips abroad/religious pilgrimages.
- Repayment of loans or credit card debts, utility bills for household expenses (e.g. gas, water, telephone, etc), rent or mortgage arrears.
- Education or tuition fees.
- Funeral expenses.
- Driving lessons.
- Respite breaks at a therapeutic centre.
Grant Application Guidelines
To apply for a grant from The Hospital Saturday Fund, please fill out one of the forms below. Please select from either the individual form or organisations/medical electives form.
Please click buttons above to apply online.
*Grant meetings are held quarterly so there may be a delay in receiving a response.
Is your charity within London’s M25?
Partners for Health – A joint grant programme.
We run a grant making partnership with London Catalyst. The programme offers grants up to £10,000 to registered charities within the M25 area of London.
Need help? Please contact us:
The Hospital Saturday Fund
24 Upper Ground
London SE1 9PD
The Hospital Saturday Fund is keen to detect fraud. Any suspicions will be reported to the police, Charity Commission and any other relevant authorities.